Friday, November 11, 2011

WoW Raiders Hate Smokers and Parents

I ran across this thread and it really irked me. I have to admit. You see at first it started out with the tired "I hate smokers because they stop the raid for 5 min". They are addicts right? Addicted to nicotine, oh so terrible and evil right? Hmmm......If you get mad at a 5 min break during a raid...aren't you the addict? Lets talk about this. Society frowns upon smoking today as almost a sin. Ooohhh your smoking your gonna die a terrible wracking painful death and your going to burden the population for health care....and oh yeah your cutting into my addiction of raid progression...WTF?!?!?!?!?! Look if you are on a 4 hour Armageddon raid run I got it...but an hourly smoke break/bio break or check on the kids break is human. as to vices...Mark Twain said it best:

I haven't a particle of confidence in a man who has no redeeming petty vices.

- Mark Twain, a Biography


See the old man had it right. We all have vices, if we are honest about it I think. WoW in itself is a vice by the way. Especially to those driven towards progression. All I'm saying is, have a little understanding. 4 hours of my time is precious...5 minutes every hour shouldn't destroy your life...just sayin'.



Further more, the thread got worse, blaming parents for having to take care of their kids during the raids...FUCKING REALLY?!?!?!?!?!?
People who are mature adults have responsibilities. They still like to have fun. They still enjoy the MMO Raiding, but seriously...some people have the audacity to blame parents for trying to pay attention to their young children while using a home friendly vice rather than leaving them alone with a babysitter while they go out and get drunk? Seriously? Ummm...social screw up here folks.




 


So it's the parents fault for loving their child but still wanting to have a little fun? Look I love WoW. It is my hobby in life. To see and make characters grow and progress. But even I got limits. If you are going to disrespect a parent for needing to take care of a crying baby periodically during a raiding marathon, your priorities are kinda really very anti social and immoral. Yes I am accusing you. Think about it! Use your friggen moral compass for Gods sakes!!!

Ok this was my rant. It's also my time to say if you gotta small vice like smoking, it's ok. Least you aren't driving home drunk and possibly killing someone. Second, if you are a parent single or not and you have to split your time between WoW and your real life responsibilities I applaud you for doing the right thing. Maybe parents need to unite together and screw the little arrogant pricks who disrespect you for taking responsibilities. SCREW EM!!!!

Nuff said for the moment!
Have fun out there in Azeroth!!!



2 comments:

  1. I completely agree, and I've been commenting on this forum on WoW. I was appalled by some of the comments. And I though many were hypocritical.

    ReplyDelete